Monday, October 15, 2007

NFC North Thoughts

Well this is my first attempt in to blogging. I'm directly competing with my roommate Ian on this. He's a better writer than I am, but I think I know more about what I'm talking about. He just makes it sound good. I'm going to start on what I know. And I know sports. Especially football. That's not to say I know everything there is to know, but I have a knack for knowing things that are going to happen. Right now I want to discuss the NFC North. Being from Minnesota and growing up a Packers fan, I've been around both atmospheres for my whole life. Now I'm surrounded by a bunch of Chicago d-bags, so that makes 75% of the division. So I think I'm fairly well acquainted with the division. First off, I'm going with my power rankings, as well as projected finishes.

1) Green Bay Packers. Brett Favre thinks it's '96 again, so I don't care if they can't run the ball. And the defense is playing awesome so far. Jaws called them best in the NFC... I won't argue against it.
2)Chicago Bears. As much as I hate to say it, they win games they absolutely shouldn't. Does this make them good? No. But it makes them dangerous. Rex Grossman, while terrible, wasn't the reason they started so poorly. Griese hasn't been a whole lot better (both have six picks, nine sacks. Maybe the O-line should play better). The defense has been getting worked, and letting Turkey Jizz (Thanks to my friend Pistol Pete on that one) go to the Jets hurts. Benson is running like he could be the Packers' starting back (in case you aren't following the Packers, that means he's not good). Devin Hester Child Molester might be the second most exciting player to watch on any given play in the NFL (more on number one shortly).
3)Detroit Lions. When the Packers and Lions were the top two teams in the North, everyone was surprised. Now the Lions look like.... Not the Lions, but certainly not good either. A lot of weapons on offense (including TE #1, whose jersey reads simply "Christ"... Too bad they run the spread offense too much and don't put him in when they need him), no defense, and a bad GM. Let's see if they make it to six wins.
4)Minnesota Vikings. Whoever the number one college prospect is, the vikings should have him on speed dial. Although they won't get the top pick. "All Day" Adrian Peterson (Most exciting player in the NFL) could try to run backwards and he'd still break five tackles and score a touchdown. On a side note, Marion Barber III breaking anywhere from six to thirty seven tackles while daring everyone to tackle him for a safety and then running it back out to the ten yard line was amazing. Anyways, I'll bet All Day shits six points. Tarvaris Jackson better start hiding toilet paper so he has no where to go but on the field. Best running back in the league? If you had to take someone for the next four years, who would you take? By the way, he also returns kicks, as I'm sure Bears fans know.

Alright, time for where I think they'll finish.

1)Packers (10-6). I think they're good. But they're going to lose some more games.
2)Bears (7-9) If they finish better than this I'll be surprised. If they finish worse than this I'll be surprised. They're the best team in the NFC that has no chance of making the playoffs.
3)Lions (5-11) Having God on your side is good for at least ten wins. Having the devil as your GM is good for five extra losses. You do the math.
4)Vikings (4-12) Unless Adrian Peterson keeps running for 200+ yards (which they barely won) this team is heading for a top ten pick. Is it possible to have a three headed monster at running back? See: Darren McFadden

No comments: