Monday, January 14, 2008

And The Team That Wins The Honor To Lose To The Patriots Is...

Grab a brat, throw some cheese and mustard on it, sit down with a case of beer, and get ready for the game Sunday. That's right, coming to a TV and Super Bowl near you are the Green Bay Packers. In the past three years, the Packers have gone from 4-12 to 8-8 to 13-3 and are playing in the NFC Championship game. Not only are they playing in it, they look like the favorites to have the honor of losing to the Greatest team ever assembled in the Super Bowl. But they might not lose. Now, I don't want to get ahead of myself. I know how the sports gods work. as soon as you concede a team will win and start looking to the next week or next game, that team gets surprised and loses. Well for the rest of the week I'll be knocking on wood, avoiding ladders, running away from cats, placing all mirrors in bubble wrap and setting them in safe places.

(Actually, check that. I'm NOT putting mirrors in bubble wrap because I might start popping the bubbles and accidently break the mirrors. I'll just calmly place them on the other side of my roommates bed. No one, especially any women, ever lays there. Also, that way, if somehow a mirror breaks, I'll know my roommate is sleeping with either angry Bears fans or some loud annoying girl from New York.)

The Giants are going to put up one hell of a fight. Or maybe they won't. I don't even know. They have been playing so well and remind me of a couple years ago when the Steelers won it all. Not because they're a hot team with a good D that runs well. It all has to do with Eli. Ben Roethlisberger had an extreme amount of confidence that year. That's what Eli looks like now. That's why these Giants remind me of those Steelers. And as a Packers fan, I am worried. Favre is going to get hit. In the cold. And it will hurt.

But I know who's going to win. I can't say who, because that might jinx it. So I'll leave you with this. Brett Favre has broken several records. But there is one record that he set that will never show his name nor any stat he has put up. But anyone who saw this record happen knows it was all Favre. The player who holds the record I'm talking about is going to lose on Sunday.

And if you know who that is, you know he owes him one

No comments: